Renew your LAADC-S*!
Renew your Licensed Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor Supervisor (LAADC-S*) credential
A Licensed Advanced Alcohol Drug Counselor Supervisor is the highest level on CCAPP's career path. With a master's degree, professional liability insurance, and standards equal or higher than licensing statutes in other states, the LAADC-S puts CCAPP counselors on par with and even above other licensed disciplines in California.
Requirements for renewing the LAADC-S*:
Check out CCAPP’s terrific offerings of online classes.… they’re convenient, inexpensive and CCAPP-approved!
- Completed LAADC-S renewal application
- Completion of 56 hours of CEUs including six hours in ethics/confidentiality and six hours in clinical supervision
- Signed CCAPP Code of Conduct for Licensed Advanced Alocohol & Drug Counselor Supervisors
- Signed State of California AOD Counselor Code of Conduct
- Signed LAADC-S Scope of Practice
- Payment of $200
*If LAADC status expired more than 30 days, applicant must complete all initial renewal requirements and submit with $200 renewal fee and a $70 late fee = $270.
*The LAADC-S is a non-governmental license
Certemy User Tips
Do not use multiple email accounts. If you need to change your email address, see below.
When opening a new application, do not use alternate email accounts. Re-enter the exact same information (name, email address, password) you submitted for the original application.
Email or other profile changes must either be submitted through our [Contact Us] section or relayed to CCAPP personnel directly through a phone call or direct email.
Password resets are done through the Certemy login portal with the [Forgot password?] button.
Name changes are done in account by selecting the [profile details] link from the profile icon in the top right.
Be precise in your spelling: your documents are printed according to the information you provide.
If you require assistance, please contact us at [email protected].
If you are a CAADE transfer, DO NOT use this application until you have been issued a CCAPP certification! You must have a valid CCAPP certification ID number to use this renewal application. Please return when you have received your CCAPP certification in your digital wallet. To apply for transfer, click here.
Renewal of Certification hours - Clarification
A total of 56 hours of continuing education is required every two years for the LAADC-S credential*. These hours must include a minimum of 46 continuing education hours, of which six must be in ethics and six must be in clinical supervision. Continuing education hours must be earned through a CCAPP approved provider with a current provider number. 10 hours may be earned in "professional development (professional development hours PDHs). PDHs do not have to be earned through CCAPP providers. The 56 hour requirement can be met with all CEH education, or any combination of hours, as long as the PDH portion is NOT MORE THAN 10 HOURS.
I. Continuing Education: Alcohol/Drug Counseling CCAPP (provider numbers are required, 46 hours minimum)
- A. Workshops/seminars: Counseling Skills Basic Courses including at Masters Level may not be used for renewal. Minimum of 30 hours must be completed in workshops and seminars in the counseling skill, and must be given by approved providers with current CCAPP approved provider numbers. It is responsibility of the applicant to make sure that the workshop has an approved provider number. All documentation must have the approved provider number and be in advanced alcohol/drug skills.
- B. Design/Implementation/Presentation of Alcohol/Drug Counseling Topics for an approved CCAPP provider number. (Document by submitting a letter from administrator, supervisor or coordinator of activity starting date, type of activity, hours involved, outline of activities, and sample brochures, handouts, and other educational materials.
- C. Initial oral training by Approved ICRC/AODA Supervisors. (Document by submitting a copy of Certificate)
- D. Ethics: Six (6) hours effective Jan. 2013
- E. Clinical Supervision: Six (6) hours minimum.
- Trainers receive 1 hour for preparation for each hour if training and each hour for presentation.
II. Professional Development Hours: CCAPP provider numbers are not required (10 hours maximum)
- A. Design/Implementation/Presentation of Alcohol/Drug Counseling and related topics. Not an approved provider program. (Document by submitting a letter from administrator, supervisor or coordinator of activity starting date, type of activity, hours involved, outline of activities, and sample brochures, handouts, and other educational materials.
- B. In-service Education. Formalized training within institutions such as clinics and treatment centers provided for the development/enhancement of skills. (Document by submitting letter or certificate verifying participation.
- C. Self-improvement seminars, workshops, etc. Formal organized workshop/training which focuses on personal and professional growth issues: (1) Burnout workshop/seminar; (2) Personal growth (identification of strength and limitations, stress management, relaxation, leisure time skills, proper nutrition, spirituality): (3) relapse prevention; (4) Professional Growth (self-assessment, resources, professional behavior, support services; i.e., ACA. eating disorders, child abuse, etc., peer assistance.) (5)Instruction hours of retreat programs which meets the above criteria of professional development are accepted.
Included as Professional Development
- CCAPP Board of Directors Meeting participation. CCAPP Credentailing Board meeting participation.
- CCAPP District Meeting Participation
- Approved CCAPP/CCAPP Credentialing Committee Volunteer Work (document by submitting letter or certificate verifying participation).
- Examination performed by qualified CPM Evaluators/Commissioners
Not Included as Professional Development
- Volunteer 12 Step Work
- Volunteer Counseling at Step Houses/Service Centers
- 12 Step Meeting Attendance
- Group or Individual Counseling or psychotherapy
- Alcohol Anonymous, AA Retreats
Feel free to request more information, by using our information request form.