CCAPP Registered Alcohol and Drug Technician II (RADT-II)
An RADT-II is someone who has met all the requirements for a ADC credential except experience hours. A Registered Alcohol and Drug Technician II (RADT-II) with CCAPP will give you instant recognition with employers and colleagues. Renewing with CCAPP demonstrates your commitment to quality and your goal of becoming CCAPP certified!
As of January 1, 2017 this credential is no longer offered to new candidates but is still valid and recognized by DHCS and employers.
“Employers want me to be registered, but becoming a Registered Alcohol and Drug Technician II (RADT-II) is more than just a requirement for the job - it’s a commitment to reaching my certification goals. Being registered with CCAPP has opened doors I never knew existed. They want me to succeed as much as I do!”
Requirements for RADT-II renewal application:
- Completed RADT-II renewal application
- Completion of three hours in ethics and confidentiality
- Signed CCAPP Code of Conduct for Credentialed Alcohol and Drug Professionals
- Signed State of California AOD Counselor Code of Conduct
- Signed RADT Scope of Practice
- Payment of $50 due annually
*If RADT-II status expired more than 30 days, applicant must complete all initial renewal requirements and submit with $50 renewal fee and a $70 late fee = $120
Important things you need to know about the RADT-II application:
- Applying to renew a Registered Alcohol and Drug Technician II (RADT-II) does not include Membership; Membership is separate from registration - for more information on becoming a CCAPP Member, please click here.
- State of California regulations requires that registrants become certified within five years of issue of registration.
- CCAPP welcomes transfers! Please have a copy of your previous registration ready to upload with your application.
Application Processing Times
Application processing times can take up to 30 days. All steps in an application must be submitted in full, must be complete, and must be accurate. An application is complete when every step has a green bubble. A green bubble with a white checkmark means CCAPP staff have verified and approved that step. Any step that is rejected will have a red bubble and must be corrected by the applicant. The processing time will be delayed and not resume until the applicant corrects the rejected step and re-submits all/any rejected steps.
Certemy User Tips
Do not use multiple email accounts. If you need to change your email address, see below.
Do not use your work email address. Accessing your Certemy account if you change jobs will become difficult, especially if you forget your password. Changing your email address is not a simple process and takes time. Avoid delays by using a personal email address.
When opening a new application, do not use alternate email accounts. Re-enter the exact same information (name, email address, password) you submitted for the original application.
Email or other profile changes must either be submitted through our [Contact Us] section or relayed to CCAPP personnel directly through a phone call or direct email.
Password resets are done through the Certemy login portal with the [Forgot password?] button.
Name changes are done in account by selecting the [profile details] link from the profile icon in the top right.
Be precise in your spelling: your documents are printed according to the information you provide.
If you require assistance, use our information request form.
Renewal of Certification hours - Clarification
I. Continuing Education: Alcohol/Drug Counseling CCAPP (provider numbers are required)
- Workshops/seminars: Counseling Skills Basic Courses including at Masters Level may not be used for renewal. Must be given by approved providers with current CCAPP approved provider numbers. It is responsibility of the applicant to make sure that the workshop has an approved provider number. All documentation must have the approved provider number and be in advanced alcohol/drug skills.
- Design/Implementation/Presentation of Alcohol/Drug Counseling Topics for an approved CCAPP provider number. (Document by submitting a letter from administrator, supervisor or coordinator of activity starting date, type of activity, hours involved, outline of activities, and sample brochures, handouts, and other educational materials).
- Initial oral training by Approved ICRC/AODA Supervisors. (Document by submitting a copy of Certificate)
- Trainers receive 1 hour for preparation for each hour if training and each hour for presentation.